Our school was established in 1898 as a Middle English School and upgraded to a High English School in 1918 with six students in standard VIII. However, 1918 is officially considered as the year of establishment of Siliguri Boys’ High School though it had started its function 20 years earlier.
After independence the school was converted to a Multipurpose High School in 1957, with the introduction of the three streams of Science, Commerce and Humanities. This was the first multipurpose school of the region. Later the medium of instruction was shifted to Bengali from English.
Siliguri Boys' High School is a Non-Government aided School which is affiliated to the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education and the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education.
It has a glorious past and marching ahead for the future.
All classes will remain suspended on 15th May due to RMSA and District School of Education Program on Science ExhibitionRead more